Recognition of Prior Learning Entry
This scheme is targeted at those who have completed a higher education course in Outdoor Learning/Adventure or those with substantial experience "in-the-field". We take what you know and have learned already and assist you to develop further so you can join a team of passionate facilitators and run powerful courses at the original Experiential Education NGO.
The first month will consist of 25 days of training and five to six days off. The next two months will be consist of joining existing Outward Bound instructors and working with groups in a variety of settings to help train and develop the participants.
At the conclusion of the 25-day training phase a further two month period will follow consecutively and immediately. This will consist of 'on-the-job' training. At the end of this phase, a solo-instructing assessment will be conducted. This assessment must be successfully completed in order to fulfil employment requirements.
- Minimum 21 years old
- Bronze Medallion Life Saving or equivalent
- First Aid qualification
- Hard skill experiences in sea kayaking, rock climbing, low ropes and hiking.
- A history of working with youth in an educational setting
- Group supervision and facilitation
- APIOL or higher
- 2 NGB assessed awards
- Outward Bound experience (other experiential education providers will also be considered)
- An understanding of the mission and values of Outward Bound
- Wilderness First Responder Certificate or equivalent (including AED certification)
- A belief in developing human potential
- Open and honest communication skills
- A willingness to be flexible in regards to situations, working hours and conditions
- An eye for detail and safety
- A willingness to train and develop fellow staff
- This position holds a two-year commitment, accommodation is provided and meals are provided when working
This position holds a two-year commitment, accommodation is provided and meals are provided when working.