For one weekend in October, a team of 9 OBHK staff headed off to Pillow Island to collect as much trash as they could. The Adventure Clean Up aims to clean harder-to-reach shorelines of Hong Kong where waste from the ocean washes up in huge amounts - and since they're rarely visited, they never get cleaned. It was back-straining work bending over to collect styrofoam and plastic bottles from under the bushes, but the team managed to collect over 72 bags of trash as well as several items too big to fit in bags!
- Bring a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water or pop
- Encourage your favourite restaurants to switch to biodegradable take-out containers
- Bring a trash bag with you when you go out to enjoy the outdoors!
- Practice Leave No Trace- make sure you are packing out your food garbage, wrappers and tissues - or better yet,
- DON'T BRING TRASH AT ALL!