Adventure Race is an annual fund raising event of Outward Bound Hong Kong. The aim of this race is to provide an opportunity for participants to challenge themselves physically and mentally, as well as developing their teamwork, leadership and problem-solving skills. This year, we hope to raise about nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars, the fund raised will be used to subsidise the underprivileged people to join Outward Bound courses that help to bring about their personal growth.
1 March 2020 (Sunday)
Time & Venue:
08:00 Start - Hong Kong Island
14:30 Closing Ceremony - Stanley Plaza
1. Elite route – approx. 20 km
2. Challenge route – approx. 16 km
On and Off trail running, kayaking, swimming, orienteering, plus various unexpected challenges
1. In a team of 4
2. Able to swim at least 300 metres (Life jacket is required during all water sessions and provided by OBHK)
Categories & Fees:
1. Capacity: 130 teams (All categories); First-come-first served.
2. Teams will be categorised according to the average age and gender of participants.
3. Teams have to collect the race pack on the Race day. Race pack includes number bib, race top, souvenir...etc.
4. Outward Bound will e-mail the notice of the pre-race briefing to team captains 2-3 weeks before the race day. Each team shall send one representative to attend.
5. This is an endurance event that will take teams approximately 3 – 6 hours to complete.
6. Participants who cannot arrive at the designated checkpoints within the specified time limits will not be allowed to continue the race for safety reason.
7. Family and friends of participants are welcome to cheer on for the participants at the Finish Point.
8. Attractive prizes will be presented to winners of various categories.
9. More details will be available at the pre-race briefing.